- Washington Diarist: 'The New York Times Magazine' Has Given up on What Matters, by Leon Wieseltier
- Four Ways Obama's New Manufacturing Czar Can Actually Help Fix the Economy, by Howard Wiel
- Will Giving in to Olympia Snowe Ruin Health Care Reform? by Ed Kilgore
- Blanche Lincoln Will Lead One of the Most Powerful Environmental Committees? Say It Ain't So! by Tom Laskawy
- Obama's Mixed Environmental Record So Far, by Bradford Plumer
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.